The premium MK25 EVO/CARBON BLACK TECH is not only the best-breathing reg in SCUBAPRO’s line, it’s also the leader in advanced design and materials. The A700 CARBON’s main casing is full metal to take advantage of the extremely high heat exchange rate that makes it such a great choice for cold-water diving, and its front cover is handmade out of lightweight and durable carbon fiber. The A700 CARBON is teamed with the MK25 EVO, widely considered the gold standard in first stage performance, and finishing off this premium air delivery system is a DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) Black Tech coating. Put it all together and you have diving’s ultimate muscle reg that looks great, is ultra-durable, and delivers the best breathing performance around.
- Handmade carbon fiber front cover, metal casing and metal valve housing (barrel) make for a rugged second stage able to withstand years of aggressive diving.
- Carbon fiber is extremely lightweight and, unlike metal that can change shape when dropped or struck against a hard object, carbon fiber can resist substantial shocks without damage.
- Metal case construction enables the use of a larger diaphragm inside a compact casing, increasing breathing sensitivity.
- DLC Black Tech coating protects from corrosion and scratches and lends a technical look to the regulator.
- Air balanced second stage smoothes out the inhalation effort when diving at varying depths and supply pressures.
- User controls include a diver-adjustable inhalation effort knob and coaxial Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) switch.
- Air balanced piston first stage in a Black Tech-coated brass body delivers consistent and effortless airflow, regardless of depth, tank pressure, or breathing rate.
- With its patented ultra-freeze-resistant Extended Thermal Insulating System (XTIS) the MK25 EVO offers excellent thermal insulation by fully isolating the mechanical elements of the first stage from the cold, all without compromising breathing performance.
- Anti-freeze protection radically increases breathing reliability when diving in the most extreme water temperatures.
- Two opposing high pressure ports allow the first stage to be positioned either up or down.
- Four high-flow and one axial super high-flow low pressure ports on a swivel turret maximize hose routing options.
- External intermediate pressure adjustment enables technicians to fine-tune performance quickly and easily.
|Adjustable Second Stage||Yes|
|2nd Stage Design||Balanced|
|1st Stage Type||Piston|
|2nd Stage Series||A Series|
|Water Temp||Cold, Temperate|
|Nitrox Mix||Up to 40%|
|1st Stage Material||Black Tech-Coated Brass|
|2nd Stage Material||Carbon Fiber Cover|
|2nd Stage Valve Housing Material||Metal|