Frequently Asked Question
Q: Who this rebreather course is for?
A: The certified diver looking to advance their diver level training and equipment configurations by learning to dive a rebreather. Whether you are an avid photographer, want to experience the silence of diving a rebreather, or looking to get closer to the marine life – rebreather diving is for you.
Q: What is the prerequisite for TDI JJ CCR Air Diluent Diver Course?
A: Minimum age 18.
Provide proof of 20 logged open water dives.
Provide proof as a TDI Nitrox Diver or equivalent from agencies recognized by TDI.
Q: What’s in it for you?
A: Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may engage in diving activities utilizing the CCR they were trained to dive without direct supervision of the TDI Instructor so long as the following limits are adhered to:
- The diving activities approximate those of training.
- The areas of activities approximate those of training.
- Environmental conditions approximate those of training.
- To a maximum depth of 30 metres/100 feet.
- No decompression dives are permitted.
Q: What is the course structure?
A: It is a minimum 5-day course. You will need to complete the online eLearning course before coming to the class. The first day will be classroom only. We will cover information that is not in the eLearning (It’s a lot!), and we’ll learn how to build the unit and all the necessary tests. Day 2 – 5 will be four days of diving with a minimum of 480 minutes.
Q: What is the course standard?
A: You can find the standard on TDI website.
Q: Where can I find more information about JJ CCR?
A: There is a detailed overview of JJ CCR on the website.
Q: Do I need to purchase my own JJ CCR for the course?
A:We recommend buying your own unit and bringing it to the course. However, a rental unit can be provided for $600 for the 5-day course.
Q: How much does a new JJ CCR cost?
A: A brand new JJ CCR is USD $8849 plus any shipping, duties, and taxes.
Q: Can I buy a used JJ CCR?
A: Yes. If you decide to buy one, it is highly recommended to send it to an authorized service center for full service before bringing it to the course. The instructor will also need to inspect the unit before the start of the course.
Q: What else do I need to purchase?
A: If you buy a new JJ CCR, it does not come with tanks. You will need to buy two Faber FX23 (3 liters) tanks. You also need an Aluminum 80 cuft tank for bailout, and a set of bailout regulators that goes on it. Other than these, it’s just the regular tech diving gear.
Q: How much is the course and what does it include?
A: The course fee is $1800 plus tax based on a class of 2 or 3. It includes the training and certification fee after successfully completing the course.
Q: What is the extra cost of this course?
A: Here are some examples of potential extra charges for the course:
- TDI Generic CCR eLearning. Contact us for a better price.
- Any rental you might need.
- Air and Nitrox fills are included in the course fee, but O2 or Trimix fills are extra.
- Boat charter fee if we need to hire a boat. The instructor’s charter fee will be shared with the whole class.
- Sofnolime (Carbon Dioxide absorbent). You could either buy a keg from us (20kg) or we can charge you per fill.
- Your travel expenses.
- The instructor can also travel to you, providing all the necessary gear and mixed gas can be provided by your local dive shop. The instructor’s travel expenses will be spitted among the class.
Q: How do I sign up for this course?
A: Send an email to email@example.com. Our instructor will be happy to help you with any questions and sign up for the course!