The Hydra Neoprene Drysuit is designed with cold water adventures in mind. With a close fitting, streamlined style, the Hydra is warm and flexible. High Density Neoprene (HDN) is used in critical areas throughout the suit. Compressed from 7mm to 4mm, HDN fuses the thermal protection of neoprene with a greater consistency of buoyancy throughout the dive. HDN is laminated with hardwearing fabric on the outside for excellent abrasion resistance, and smoother linings on the inside to increase comfort and aid donning.
Supratex linings protect critical wear areas in the crotch and underarms without limiting freedom of movement. Parts of the suit normally exposed to additional abrasion such as shoulders, waist and knees have a tough Durawear print.
Seams are fused and blindstitched before being taped on the inside and external plasma seams prevent abrasion from your equipment or environment.
Mobility is often the trade-off when opting for neoprene drysuits. The Hydra maximises this mobility with underarm gussets and the same composite YKK dry-zipper used in the Argonaut drysuit which is much more flexible and lighter in weight than the traditional brass zips. Our experience has shown that these zips, if looked after properly, will give extended, excellent performance.
Our 4mm compressed neoprene dryboots are fitted as standard. With double layer reinforcement, good grip and our ergonomic footbed, these boots are comfortable and reliable.
Fitted with Apollo Bio-Dry inflate and dump valves, the specification of this suit makes it your ideal companion for many cold water adventures. The Hydra is supplied with a Hydpro Smooth Pro low pressure hose. This braided hose is encased in a polyurethane coating which ensures low friction, flexibility and excellent durability even in cold temperatures.
- 4mm HDN fabric Hardwearing outer lining for durability
- Smooth inner lining for comfort Close-fitting,
- Streamlined design to minimise air management and maximise mobility
- Neoprene neck seal for durability and additional warmth
- Critical harness-wear areas in crotch and underarms are protected by Supratex linings
- Durawear print protects key areas including waist and shoulders
- Plastic YKK dry-zipper minimises bulk and weight and ensures maximum freedom of movement
- Fused, blind-stitched and taped seams
- Plasma seams on torso protect seams from abrasion caused by equipment
- Warranty protection
With every Hydra Drysuit you will receive:
- 7mm Hood
- Hydra Changing Bag
- Ergonomic footbeds for boots
- Hydra Zip Tech Lubricant Stick
- Hydra Hydpro Low Pressure Hose
- Hydra Seal Saver
- Users Manual
Handy sizing things to know before you start
- Your new Hydra neoprene drysuit is available in stock sizes with a limited range of fitted boot sizes. Use fourth element’s calculator to find out which size is most suited to you.
- The sizing allows for Xerotherm or Arctic under garments.
- Boot sizes allow for a Xerotherm or Arctic sock to be worn.
- If you find yourself at the upper end of the size chart we suggest to go a size up especially if you would like to wear Arctic (thick) under garments with the suit.