What will you learn?
After a preassessment of your instructor-level knowledge of dive theory, exemplary dive skills and role-model presentation techniques, you’ll participate in these sessions:
- Instructor development standards, procedures and curriculum
- How to organize and conduct the Assistant Instructor course
- The psychology of evaluation and counseling
- Evaluating knowledge development, confined water and open water teaching presentations
Plus, you’ll get to audit an IDC or practice teaching many curriculum components.
As an IDC Staff Instructor, you can independently teach Assistant Instructor courses as well as assist with IDCs and other instructor-level continuing education courses.
How can you get started?
Visit our dive shop and speak with our Course Director.
Make a career move and become an IDC Staff Instructor:
- Sign up at Aquarius Scuba Diving Centre.