With its first appearance on the international stage, this technically advanced suit was awarded one of the most prestigious design awards in the world: the Red Dot Design Award. The W1, with its unsurpassed quality, unique functionality and ergonomic design, impressed the judges enough to grant it the “Best of the Best” award in the Product Design category. In the company of earlier winners like Nike, Apple, Adidas and Lamborghini, Waterproof is pleased to present yet another remarkable innovation to the diving community!
- 100% microcell CR neoprene – More expensive but in fact the only neoprene that really works for diving. Excellent durability and insulation far better than other neoprene qualities, like SBR, SCR etc.
- 3D kneepads – 3D moulded vulcanized rubber kneepads. Note the unique design that enables unrestricted leg movements via the “hinge effect”.
- 3D sculpted suit – With pre-bent arms and legs for maximum anatomical fit.
- A seat that grips – Polyurethane embossing in the back provides a non-slip grip and integrated abrasion protection.
- Computer strap anchor – To prevent the computer from slipping off your arm when gloves are removed or suit is compressed. The anti-slip surface makes the computer stay in place.
- Double seals – Generous double seals made from glide skin neoprene with zipper at arms and legs. YKK #10 Vislon zipper features a TA slider with an anti-slip designed ZipGrip.
- Embossed elbow – Embossed elbow protection with Toughtex abrasion resistance.
- Form moulded hook and loop tabs – Quality is in all the details. Moulded TPU teeth stick only to the assigned loop part.
- Gender-specific styling – Provides comfortable lift and support for the female diver.
- High visibility – Reflective logo on the back of the neck.
- Multi Optional Platform – A unique gadget that holds a compass as a standard.
- Neck tab holder – The neck tab attaches to the knob holder to keep the tab in place in surface mode.
- Side zipper – The opening is positioned at the side of the neck to enhance comfort and flexibility for the neck.
- Spine pad – 11mm thick and contoured design SpinePad features additional protection to kidney and spine areas. Inside has a place for personal marking of the suit.
- WaterDam – Finally a working concept for hindering the water streaming down your neck and spine when moving your head. This WaterDam concept is unique for Waterproof.
- Wave flex panels – In hollow of arms and legs provides an easier movement.
- Zipper puller – Very good grip, with or without gloves, to open and close the YKK #10 zipper. The flat design makes it disappear when you don’t use it.
- Zipper seal – Open cell and closed cell neoprene on opposite sides of the zipper for an ultimate seal.